General Data Protection Regulation 2018 – Privacy Notice
Transparency of Data Protection.
Being transparent and providing accessible information to Members about how their personal data will be used is important to the Royal Lancers Association (Association).
This policy sets out the different areas where data privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of the Association Members, users of the website, the Association and the website. (www.theroyallancers.org)
This website and its owners, the Association, take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. The website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
We use anonymous session cookies (short-term cookies that disappear when you close your browser) to help you navigate the website and make the most of the features. If you log into the website, application or a course as a registered user, your session cookie will also contain your user ID so that we can check which services you are allowed to access.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
What information is being collected?
- Full name.
- Date of birth.
- Address and contact details (phone & email).
- NoK, Family & marital details (to maintain a record of who to contact in case of accident or death).
- Educational details.
- Professional experience.
- Honours & awards.
- Previous military experience.
- Short biography/CV when needed.
- Any dietary requirements provided by the subject.
- Financial donations (charitable donations to Royal Lancers Charitable Trust or Museum Trusts).
- Gift Aid statements.
Whilst using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, account details, etc.). We will use this information to administer our website, applications, and member databases. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018. Further, by providing telephone, fax and email details, you consent to The Royal Lancers Home Headquarters contacting you using that method. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information collection and use
How do we collect information?
The Association and the Royal Lancers Home Headquarters collects information in two possible ways:
a. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up for our site, purchase our products or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms (currently – OCA-RL-Application-Form-V10 . All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
b. When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.Why is it being collected?
Provide improved service and support to Members, including notices of events, deaths, reunions, tours and welfare support.
Who will it be shared with?
- By List of names to all Members.
- To event and branch committees, as needed or as directed by you
Outside the Association:
- Police and Security where they control access to an event.
- Venues & catering companies, as needed (on event-only basis).
The Royal Lancers Home Headquarters will not share (with the exceptions immediately above) sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out the site registration or Association membership forms, to anyone without your express permission
How long do we keep your data for?
The Royal Lancers Home Headquarters will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our HHQ team) for as long as you remain a registered member of the Regimental Association.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
• You can verify the details you have submitted to The Royal Lancers Home Headquarters by contacting the HHQ team email@example.com Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information.
• You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by the Association and The Royal Lancers Home Headquarters regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
• You can always update us on your details at any point by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
• You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time (Also known as a Subject Access Request). To do this, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
Please note, we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any changes.
If you do not wish to use email you may contact us in writing at:
Data Protection Officer
HHQ The Royal Lancers
Prince William of Gloucester Barracks
Grantham NG31 7TJ